Saturday, November 29, 2008

About Our Food

"Bill Moyer's Journal" on Public Television is always required viewing for me. Being the techno-geek that I am, I record the programs on my Tivo, and subscribe on my iTunes. This week's program is Michael Pollan, author of  In Defense of Food and The Omnivore's Dilemma talking about our food and how government subsidies contribute to the growing of food that is bad for our health, environmentally unsound, and socially irresponsible. This is an issue that Obama appears to have backed away from because the food lobby is so powerful that it would have upset his campaign. It now falls to us citizens to take up this cause and force our government to do the right thing. The link below will take you to PBS where you can view the entire one hour program.


And go here to read the "New York Times" article on the subject.


Amy Goodman did a segment on Pollan in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment