Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fireside Chat

No, not like FDR's, but a fireside chat, nevertheless.

We are sitting by a piñon fire in our kiva fireplace in Santa Fe and contemplating where we go from here. I've been saying that we only know our plans when we execute them, but we know that the direction is toward Spain and away from SF and the US. How we get there and when is still up in the air. We have become quite accustomed to turning around on a dime (less than 10 cents these days) and happily traipsing off to new ventures. I am happy with this nomad life and as long as health holds out I expect that we will be out there somewhere, exploring and soaking up experience.

I've begun to hatch a plan (who said we can't plan) for some writing projects geared to our travel to interesting places. I'm preparing a series title for several short books called "Powerful Places in . . . " You fill in the blank. Over the years we have come upon some wonderful places, some known to the world at large (Glastonbury, Carnac, Mont St. Michel) and others that we find quite by accident. I think it will be fun to document some of these findings in a series of short books. The writing (which will be shared with Elyn), production, and publishing will keep me from boredom and some of these places we've found are really worth a visit by others. Well, everyone needs a hobby and this publishing business is mine. It's great to have a hobby that at least breaks even and this one does about that.

So that is my pipe dream this morning as I sit in front of the fire.

1 comment:

  1. I've loved visiting Spain through your blog and am looking forward to Elyn's new book. Let me know if you'd like to add novels to your traveling series. I've got one set in Egypt that needs a new home and one set in Glastonbury and Atlantis that hasn't been published yet. theresacrater@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete