Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Procession


I was sitting in our living room (salon) reading a book when the distant drumming drew me to the window. Coming into the Plaza Mayor was a procession that included a folkloric band with drums and oboe-like double reed instruments, a large banner, a group of dancers dressed as shepherds, and a paso (float) showing The Good Shepherd (Joseph) and child Jesus. All we had to do was open our balcony window and get out our camera. The whole show played out just below and we had the ring-side seat! This new piso (apartment) is the greatest! If you want to see more photos and read the bunny and bear impressions go HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help having a tinge of envy as I think of you living in a Piso on a Plaza. It sounds like a perfect retirement place to me.

    I once said the perfect vacation would be to rent an apartment in a famous city and take day trips from there. I always left a country feeling deprived because there was always so much more I wanted to see.

    I am curious about the trees on the Plaza. Are they pruned back so that all that is left are a few leaves popping up here and there on the branches? Or are they a strange tree?

    ReplyDelete