Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Real ID

Elyn applied for a drivers license extension today. She expected to get her new license on the spot, as we have in the past. The clerk informed her that the new license would take up to forty-five days, since now the applications have to be sent to "Washington."

Being the snoop dog I am I've uncovered the latest move by the Department of Homeland Security toward requiring all of us to carry ID cards (will tattoos be next??) The program is called Real ID and you can read all about it at the following address CLICK HERE. The Department goes to great lengths to explain how all this is making us safer, but I am wondering "Safer from whom??" From the government being able to track us around like so many caged animals? Not likely. Notice that the HSD website doesn't mention that they are processing all the drivers license applications in the country, which is what they are doing.

Wait! I just received a signal on my embedded transponder. Now I know that everything is OK and they are just trying to protect us! (Watch Video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment