Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tech Time

I've been very  busy these last days preparing our computer system for Europe. It must be portable and very stable, so the Mac Pro and its 23-inch big screen had to go. I sold it this morning. The two laptops are nearly prepared to take over all our activities, with the addition of two palm-sized hard drives, a memory upgrade for the MacBook, and a CD/DVD drive for the Mac Air. The Airport Extreme Base Station arrives tomorrow, to be made the center of our wireless system and the hub for our very portable printer (an HP). When all this is in place we will have the system for Europe. Then I can take down the big Xerox laser printer, the MacMini, and the photo printer and scanner that form the printer center for the larger system. 

There has been much thought going into this system and much planning for backing all our thousands of important files. The files are on DVDs in our bank box so they will be safe from all harm. I'll be glad to have this tech time finished so I can get back to having fun and sleuthing out how our government is making life less and less easy for us in the US.

Stick with me and I'll hope to come up with something interesting to read in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment