Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Membership Has Its Privileges

There is a post this morning on Time Goes By about breasts (boobs, tits, etc.) Click Here. After reading all the comments from women who talk about having too much or too little I’m inspired to do this piece on my manhood.

Dick, prick, cock, rod, member, you know all the words for penis. As boys growing up we kept measuring the length of our dicks hoping they would grow beyond 4 inches, and most of them did. Guys who failed at that always have felt inadequate. As for me, I came in about the average 6 inches.

Length was one measure, but what they could do was another. Could you “keep it up?” Last long enough (whatever that is). PERFORMANCE ANXIETY! Well, that wasn’t a problem for me, at least until recently.

If you gals think that boobs are a problem just consider the guys who are desperately trying to hide an erection that happened for no reason. John Thomas always has a mind of his own. I remember a classmate in high school whose performance in track was marred by erections that he couldn’t control. (And in those tiny track shorts, no less.) It rises for no reason and falls just when you least expect it.

It is true that we held contests to see who could pee the highest on the boy’s room wall in grade school. I wonder what the janitor thought of that? And we could write our names on the wall or someone else’s name if we were feeling mean. That, along with masturbation was the fun our members brought us.

On the negative side, how many times have I been led into situations I really didn’t want to be a part of by the urgency that seemed to be programmed into my cock? Go forth and impregnate the world! Keep the species going and your own genes in particular. I could certainly have made some better choices as a younger man if I had been able to keep my pants on. Presidents, governors, senators, and preachers have fallen over this unfortunate male tendency.

Now, at age 71 I have peace at last. I can’t remember the last time I had to hide an erection. I don’t seem to find myself in situations where my loins take over. In fact, if I don’t think about it, my member seems to be happy to just perform its primary function—elimination. What a relief.

So ladies, while I can sympathize with your trauma over having too little or too much, have some compassion for us guys, who have carried around a separate primitive nervous system and tried, somehow to remain civilized, rational beings in spite of all.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Gary...nosy ole me, I had to wander over from the TGB boob post to see what you're up to.

    Great post and I hope you have some guys come along and leave their comments with stories.

    LadyLuz (Pamela)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Ladyluz, thanks for the comment. BTW, if you look a little further, you'll see that we are planning to move to Spain as soon as our house in Santa Fe sells.

    Our first destination is Sahagún in the province of Léon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy...I'm another wander over from TGB. Amazing what we'll do for publicity, 'eh?! You did a nice job as a complementary article, and I hope to learn more from you and your commentaries. =)

    Funny how cultures all over the world no doubt dramatize by exposure or hiding our pre-programmed reproductive parts.

    Thank goodness you're not from one of those New Guinea tribes who use gourds, huh?

    Next we'll hear from belly buttons?

    Cheers, ~Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Kathi, I remember that the anglo guys who lived among the New Guinea tribe found the penis gourds to be very uncomfortable.

    Looking forward to belly buttons. Let me know when you have it written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, men and women CAN communicate. I always wondered the dark secrets of the male member and now that you know all our boob strife it was only appropriate that you share your strife as well. God knew what she was doing when she created all these different size dilemmss. They simply add to the entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And in our elder years, blogging provides a safer and less stressful entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gary,I also wandered over from TGB and I'm glad I did. You made my day by giving me a hearty laugh.

    The embarrassment of an unwanted erection must be far greater than having the top of a two piece bathing suit come off as you stood up from the water. (That happened to me and I will never forget it.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Darlene, I read your blog piece about "drowning the pups." Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gary,
    I came here by way of Time Goes By and, gee, I am so glad I did. I always enjoy learning about how the other half lives!

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are welcome, Tamarika. I just looked over to your blog. I'll enjoy reading what you have to say too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gary,
    Loved your post! I'm quite new to blogging and it's more fun than I could have imagined.
    Best wishes on your move to Spain! I lived in Madrid for a year and a half, my youngest daughter was born there. It was one of the best times in my life. The one blessing about having a spouse in the military is that you get to travel abroad. We lived in Germany and Spain, traveled all over Greece, France, Italy and Switzerland.

    Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greece and Italy are certainly on our list of places, Sylvia. We are quite familiar with France.

    Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete